View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #7
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
At the next year of the same Boston area AISES/NASA powwow, I saw another mildly amusing event. There was an aging Baby Boomer, who hadn't really updated her look since Woodstock, in attendance. You could tell at a glance, that she was a full-blood member of the Crop-Circle, Crystal Toting Twinkie tribe. Further, she had spent the nearly 30 years since Woodstock chain smoking and probably not plants from the Nicotiana genus. So, she had smoker's skin and her teeth had been discolored and in places eaten away.

Of course, she latched on to me at the vendors' tables and I didn't get her scrapped off until I offended her. She had decided, based on some signal I must give off that I am unable to either detect or control, to tell me all about attending "ceremonies" for the Harmonic Convergence in the "grand kiva" in Chaco Canyon. When she got to the part about how she felt "something" at midnight, I offered an alternative explanation for the source of her mystical feelings: "The ghosts of a few hundred Pueblo men, who were pissed off about a white chick invading their kiva." She beat a rather hasty retreat to the ladies room. And I spent the rest of the dance trying to keep the bulk of the building between us.

Anyway, she was really interested in having another "spiritual" experience at with Indians (men), because she started shadowing various male dancers. Her particular favorite was a lovely, late twenty-something gentleman in a green grass dance outfit. I will say she did have good taste, because -- while most Indian men look particularly fine in their dance clothing -- he was exceptional. She kept popping up at his elbow all day. And he was all too aware of her obviously unwanted presence.

Late in the afternoon she got her chance for a closer encounter. The MC called for a ladies' choice. With a huge snaggle-toothed grin on her face, this woman began forcefully elbowing her way through the circle of spectators, purposefully making her way toward her choice. He spun on his heel, tossed a five over his shoulder, literally ran through a side door and, I think, kept sprinting down Garden Street.

Last edited by OLChemist; 07-08-2016 at 05:37 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook