View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #2
eagleclanriverband
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I read that along with the sponsorship, Ultra Health has been given naming rights & they are officially changing GON to be "Ultra Health Gathering of Nations".

While neither party disclosed the exact payment for this sponsorship, it was reported that both said, "It was in the 6 figures."

Then I read marketing spin that Derek Matthews thinks this sponsorship "is a great fit" given that Native people have a long history with natural healing and the use of herbal remedies.

Following that logic, maybe Mr. Matthews should ask opiate drug companies to be additional sponsors of GON??? Opium is a natural herbal remedy...right?

I think as NDN people we have had such a long painful history of struggling to overcome alcohol & drug abuse in our families & communities that we don't need to pursue medical marijuana as the next cash crop (e.g. easy answer to tribal economic development.)

My mother used to say, "Just because you can make money doing something, doesn't mean you should do it."
eagleclanriverband is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook