View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 12:49 PM   #1
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
LIbby's pumpkin AIN'T pumpkin!

I knew it!!

Canned pumpkin is not what you think it is | Fox News

I grew up making pumpkin pie with KUNER'S pumpkin - and the recipe on the can was the best ever. Kuner's was thick and you could barely get it out of the can.

Libby's was always more watery, and doesn't make a nice firm pie. Now the cat is out of the bag - AFTER they took over the market share and Kuner's quit making their pumpkin. - that Libby's is just dark colored squash!!

Grrrr...now I have to start baking my own pumpkins.

Here's my recipe that I posted back in 2006...WOW...

Kuner's brand pumpkin is the best canned pumpkin around. If you make your own pumpkin, bake it - don't boil or steam it.

2 eggs - beat in large bowl
Add 1 can 15 oz Kuner's pumpkin
Measure 3/4 cup of sugar in 1 cup measuring cup
1/2 cup teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
dash cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice is good is you have the real allspice and not the spice mixture
Mix all those seasonings in with the sugar.
Pour in with the pumpkin and eggs and beat well.
Mix in 1 can evaporated milk.

Pour in an unbaked pie shell and bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 and bake 40 - 50 minutes longer until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Let cool at least 30 minutes. After 2 hours refrigerate, if there's any left.

Double recipe for a large can of pumpkin.