View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #10
eagleclanriverband
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hmmm???...I donít know/canít sayÖ..this could be completely coincidental & random, or maybe not??

I know of the book, but havenít read it. Just a suggestion: maybe you might want to reach out to the author, David Treuer, & let him know you enjoyed reading his story & ask him about the boy & the meaning.

When my son was in grade school & high school, he had book reports to do thru out the years; so 2 times he wrote to the authors & I was surprised they both replied! Maybe youíll have good luck, too!

The Ojibwe & the Menominee tribes have had a very long history of being friends together. (Personally, in my family, we have several close friends who are Chippewa & are like family; when I was kid & there were some problems in my family, a Chippewa family took us in, let us stay with them & helped us out. I will always be grateful to them & for what they did for us!)

The name Menominee actually comes from the Ojibwe language & is how they referred to us as "The Wild Rice People" because they felt that in the old days where ever we would travel to, wild rice would flourish around us (at least that's the story I've heard.) Our name for ourselves is different (Omaeqnomenenewak).

Now I'm gonna put "Little" on my reading list!
eagleclanriverband is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook