Old 11-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #4
Grimhound
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Grimhound is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thank you for the reply!

Eeek! That doesn't sound pleasant. It used to be a much more active farm a long time ago, but things slowed down as my grandma got older. Eventually we just started leasing our land to our neighbor who is an active farmer. The neighboring family owns most of the land around our farm, and they grow crops every year. But about half of our land is forested. It was never cleared for farming crops.

I remember when I was about 5 or 6 years old, the neighbor came over with a big bag of hundreds of arrowheads he had found while walking around. We've found a bunch of different stuff and leave it all together in a basket. I find these things fascinating, so my little find (I'll try to post a picture even though it's hard to get a feel for the item unless you're turning it about in your hand) is still with me at my home in Dallas. I'd like to document where it was found and turn it over to a local Native American group if I can get in touch with them, assuming they would want it even though it is just one little piece.

I cleaned it off when I found it because it was covered in dirt (mostly buried when I found it), so I'm not too worried it will make me sick somehow :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0393.jpg (49.0 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0394.jpg (43.7 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0396.jpg (49.7 KB, 163 views)
Grimhound is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook