View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #5
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the spirits of those that used these items may want them to stay right where they are?

When I was little I was told those tools and arrowheads were made by Spirits. I was told to leave them where they lay. I was also taught that the tools and other objects sent with the dead belonged to the dead. Not all sickness comes from germs.

Your culture may dig up its ancestor's graves and display the grave goods and bones. Your culture may believe those old Powers and Gods dead and buried by your western scientific objectivity. Therefore you choose not to respect the customs of your pagan antecedents. Can you respect that our still living peoples may believe otherwise?

We know our history. We need no arrowheads to know we were on the land where the Creator placed us, long before Manifest Destiny took sail from Europe. Instead we want our ancestors to be at peace.

Last edited by OLChemist; 11-30-2016 at 01:40 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook