Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #44594
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
LOL. I've downloaded a few books like that myself. Sadly, they seemed to make no difference, LOL.

Some salad, please. I'm recovering from a Christmas potluck where the only green things were a dessert with lime jello and the green chiles in my "funeral" potato hotdish. (Thus named because it is a staple at wakes and memorials in my family.)

Potato hotdish

1 - 22 oz can of cream of mushroom soup;
2 - 32 oz bags of O'brien-style hashbrowns, thawed;
1 - 16 oz tub of sour cream;
1 - 16 oz bag of shredded Colby/jack cheese mix;
3 or 4 - 4 oz cans of green chile;
1 tsp ground black pepper;
green onions for garnish.

Spray a 6 qt crock pot with Pam or use a liner. Mix soup, sour cream, chiles, cheese and black pepper. Spread first bag of potatoes in crockpot. Top with half the soup mixture. Add next bag of potatoes and top with remaining soup mixture.

Cook on high 4 1/2 - 5 1/2 hours, until center of mixture reaches 170F. Garnish with sliced green onions. Serves 25-30 as a buffet side.

You can tell it's going to be good. It has the universal casserole solvent, and you do nothing but open containers and stir, LOL.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook