View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 12:29 AM   #18
DaisyMaisy
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Goodness, don't some people take offense easily. When I read that paragraph about the government taking some of the land I actually thought the OP would follow up with "now I know how the Indians felt", which is what I was thinking. Heaven forbid someone point out the irony of that.

Not being Indian, I'm not qualified to post on most issues on this forum, but as a white person I have to say it disappoints me when fellow white people get soooo worked up over a little reminder of our shared history. You feel that you're not being judged fairly? That your concerns are not being heard? That it's all so unfair to you?? Sit on that feeling for a while and realize maybe that is exactly how people of other races and cultures feel probably much more often than we have to feel!

No, you're not "the government" but you do realize the people who left those artifacts lost that very land at some point? Don't rationalize that they fought each other or some such thing, or they didn't deserve to keep it. The land was taken from them, and has benefitted your family. Yes, that was a long time ago and neither you nor I were the white people who were directly responsible for that happening. BUT, there is still a debt of history here. We can't go back in time and fix things, but we can have open minds, try to learn and listen to others, and be a little more humble. You're on the right track by caring about the artifacts, but jeez, no need to get so huffy.
DaisyMaisy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook