Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #44609
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
A giant cup of ice, please.

We're about to have our company holiday get together. The founder's wife makes this hot spiced punch. It is really good, but she heats it up in a 1970's avocado green office/party sized percolator. It has so much sugar and other colloids that it has a boiling point 5-10F above that of water. In styrofoam cups it takes a good 30 mins to cool to drinkable. We always run around before the party warning the newbies and the temps not to take a big old slug of the stuff or you won't be able to taste anything until the new year, LOL.

It is going to be a weird party. We're losing a bunch of people. Two who have been here since my first day. Ms Freddie is retiring. She is one of those people who has a profound relationship with the Creator and just radiates peace and joy. We're not really friends, per say; she is my elder and is one of those people who deserves the title and respect. But it is going to be a big hole in my day without our daily exchange of greetings.

Last edited by OLChemist; 12-23-2016 at 12:52 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook