View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #4
eagleclanriverband
Northern Traditional

Items RainbowTree
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
eagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond reputeeagleclanriverband has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
If ya'll want to hear the song:

Big Powwow performed by Spencer and Rains

In the context of fiddle music, it makes me think of the non-Indian usage meaning a meeting or get together. Like when my colleague walked into my office to tell me tech staff was gonna "have a powwow" about the new R&D projects. I wasn't expecting fry bread, grass dancing and the Crazy Horse Singers. Honestly, as the name of a fiddle tune, I won't by default assume a Native context.
Thanks @OLChemist for providing a link to the song.

Welcome howard.rains to pw.com online community. Thanks for thinking to ask folks here. I enjoyed your playing of the song.

In listening to it, it doesn't sound NDN to me. I was more struck by it having an inviting feeling to a non-NDN type of gathering. Kinda a prelude giving me a little taste of more fiddle music that's to come if I were to show up to the big shindig.
eagleclanriverband is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook