View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #19
Broken Arrow
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
First thing is misunderstanding my question ! I do not "Demand" anything.

Not fully comprehend your question. Thinking German and reading and writing English is a guarantee to get some things wrong and here the more it seems.

Over here there are those who do re-enactments and rendezvous. Typically pre 1840 time period in clothing and accoutrements. I have attended a few and used to shoot a flintlock rifle and pistol. Fun , but not entirely accurate !

It depends a little on the rifle and the pistol, but the error is behind the rifle and the pistols. Seems somehow familiar.

You should attend a German powwow. It might be very interesting ! Some of their activities are quite accurate in many ways. I find some of it rather humorous how they try so hard to be ....us !

May be I should do but i have heard a story which let me think otherwise.

You should hang around here and ask questions ! We've been nice and haven't beat up up too bad. We have some very educated and some like me , who are not overly educated. We are not all full-bloods , half-bloods or even quarter-bloods ! Some are really thin bloods and some hobbiests. There is a good mix.
I do not know why you regard you as not been overly educated. You do not sound so. When you are on your path to learn for now 40 years, I may only scratch on the surface. We are nearly the same age it seems. And we all should learn very day we live.

I read about kids who wanted to wear long hair, braids and feather in there hair or buckskin on graduation and that only in late and rare cases they got that through. I was very baffeld. We would never do that and if a child wants to wear clean long hair, single braids or double braids to show his heritage and behaves orderly as I aspect form all who attend school, then I would always support that. Very baffled. Would be regarded as racist and more. Very baffeld.

I decided to devote the time I can devote to reading some books like Bury my heart at Wounded knee, the books by John Marshall III and another book from Ohiyesa. OK, the last one lived and wrote about one hundred years ago but reads very well.

I found some links relating to native Americans in Germany as the Native American Association of Germany. But there seems to be something wrong because of a connection to a plastic shamane. I do not know what or who is trustworthy and who not. I decided to stay of.

The question OL Chemist might be able to answer and I would really appreciate an answer. Is my assumption that there is a pattern from pipe bage correct? Headdresses, pipe bags and war shirts from the beginning I have considered as no gos. War shirts are honor shirts and as far as I know one has to earn them and take grate responsibility when accepting a war shirt wearer.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook