View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #25
Broken Arrow
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
My copy of this book is an original 1940's BIA - Division of Education edition. It was in the books my mom had from back when she taught for the BIA. The page numbers don't match. But, there are pipe bag designs in there.

I learned to design by studying beadwork. I looked at the designs around me, at family pieces, a museum pieces and photographs. I talked with other artists and learned about at how they used shape and color. Then I beaded and beaded.

Designs around me is a little bit difficult if not to say impossible.

Looks like "The impossible gets done at once, but miracles take a bit longer."

Look up works by the following artists:

Look at some modern beadwork.
Thank you very much. I know that what I read is lets say a little bit outdated or to much focused on the past. But without past, there is no future. Both Lists help.

I am going to like you like Wardancer for your posts and that very much. I have learned new ways of looking on you and your people. We live indeed in 2017 not in 1917 or 1817. And I will never fully understand because it can not be learned through internet and reading books. But may be, I can learn a little bit more.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook