Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #44847
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
We're already in the 80'sF. I've got the iced tea in process and the laundry mostly done.

I worked in the studio yesterday. I can't get my locket hinge soldered. I put a fine silver bezel too close to the bearer, I think. I couldn't get a piece hot enough, without risking over heating the bezel. The tubing got too hot first, the solder flowed on to the tube but not the locket faces. I could only get one of the knuckles to tack solder.

I have unsolder the one bearer that stuck, clean up the mess I made and make new knuckles. I don't have a good strategy to get the hinge on this piece. I was going to go in today. But I woke with a migraine. If I go near a torch, it will be ugly.

I should have made a sterling bezel. But, I cut the cab; I'm not the best cutter. It was chrysocolla/cuprite and the stone undercut something awful. I had to retaper the edge. So, I needed the flex of fine rather than sterling.

... You did want to hear all this? LOL.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook