View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
1. What do you think when you hear the words Gathering of Nations?
Hiking a million miles from the parking lot. Crowds you can barely walk through. The ear drum splitting shout that accompanies the words "Tuba City" LOL. Week long grand entries.

Great outfits, music and dancing. The shiver that runs up your spine on Sat. night when the drums shake the floor and you see all those Indians on the floor, in the stands, in backseats of cars in the parking lot, LOL.

Quote:
2. Have you ever been to the GON? If so, what did you think?
Having been involved once or twice with large scale events, I'm impressed with every reasonably well-run, large powwow. I respect the effort.

I love the dancing. I love the atmosphere. I'm also not trying to get on to the floor and actually dance. Mine is an observer's perspective.

That said, I haven't gone in over 10 years. I went every year from '88 - '03. But, with my bum knee I don't feel safe in the crowd on those steps anymore. They had a serious overcrowding problem back then. I dread to think what this first year in the smaller Tingley Coliseum could be like. I hope they can make it work.

Quote:
5. Do you watch the live feed on powwows.com?
Yes. But, I get too sad after a while. I end up crying because I can't be there.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook