View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #10
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
10/0's! Boy, you're beadin' with truck tires, LOL.

This is the way this wimp, who has to have her beads firmly attached the hide on both ends, does it.

On 11/0's I use doubled D nymo with lots of wax. I cut a piece about twice as long as my forearm. I don't like to use too long a piece. Even waxed, the thread frays as you work and if your hide is stiff or you're using canvas, if can get pretty ratty by the end. Besides, smaller sections between knots limits the amount of loss if a thread breaks or gets cut while in use.

Inside the lane, underneath where I'm going to bead, I run the needle under the hide for about a 1/4", at a distance of roughly 1/2" from where I want to start my new thread. I tie a knot through a section of hide, fastening the thread to the skin. I do this a second time, moving to almost where I'm going to start. I trim the "tail" flush with the hide. Finally, I bring my needle up through the hide to the starting point.

At the end of the thread, I repeat the same knotting procedure. If I'm at the end of the lane, I run the thread and knots under the row.
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook