Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #45111
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Interface Builder is evil! Evil, evil! And let me say it again, EVIL!

I read the AVFoundation docs, then I browsed for tutorials with sample code. The sample code was, shall we say, thin on the ground, unless I wanted iPhone/iOS code in Swift. But, I found a tutorial and downloaded the code. It was simple; less than 30 lines of code....

The damn download worked. The one I wrote, not so much. Round and round and round. Someone might have mentioned that in some releases of XCode, NSViews in Interface Builder come with a Core Animation layer already added. For other releases, you have to dig down into the 8th menu tab and find the little check box. Otherwise you get a freaking nil! Guess which one I had!

And what acid-flashback-suffering, hippie leftover came up with the icons in XCode? The icon for configuring bindings looks like a Zen rock garden. The one on the CoreAnimation tab is the same one used on copiers to tell you to position the paper in the upper right corner of the glass! And two interlocked rings: Of course, stupid me! That is obviously the button to open an assistant editor window.

*Insert the hollow thumping sound of a skull repeatedly slamming into a keyboard.*
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook