Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #45130
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
She was dancing around with a handful of their CD's for sale.

The sad thing is they're probably Native people from Peru or Ecuador. But, to be recognized as Indians they have to dress like a cartoon Indian. Got to have feathers and fringe to be real.

Not that that is a new problem. When I was in first grade, we visited the Oconaluftee Village in Cherokee, NC with a bunch of families from our church. The docent/guide kept having to tell the non-Indian folks in our group that Cherokee's didn't wear headdresses. A message that was probably drowned out by the dozens of billboards, statues, etc decked out in full Hollyweird Indian regalia. But, I also remember one woman telling her children that they would get to see the "real Indians" later.

(On that trip, I also ate the best kanuchi and grape dumplings, making me a culinary Cherokee wannabe, LOL.)
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook