View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:58 PM   #6
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hi War Dancer,

I am glad I got you at "Blessings." LOL. I agree with your quote on "blood quantums are the governments way of breeding us out." I cannot tell you how upset that makes me. We have to prove who we are just to be who we are. For example: My younger son is going to college this coming Fall. He did not qualify for full financial aid, and the amount that my husband and I are responsible for "for his first semester" is a lot. An outrageous amount. So I had gone to the financial aid office to find out why since my son is Native American and he would qualified for full financial aid. At first they acted like they did not know what I was referring to. Then I mentioned the treaty with the US and the Natives. They were shocked that I knew that much. I guess they thought I was an idiot. LOL. Then they said, "Oh right. Does he have his ID card with his registration number." I asked if mine would suffice being that I am his mother. They said no, that he needs his own. So now, I had to go and order DNA test just for my son so that he could get his own ID card and registration number because now for you to get a card even though he's my son, he needs to have a DNA test on record. Colleges are ridiculous. That being said, my husband and I would still have to pay for his first semester and hopefully we can get all of this straightened out for his second semester. So I am with you with the blood quantum thing.

I am proud to be who I am. My son is proud to be who he is. No government can take that away from us. We do still exist and we are not going anywhere.

Where are you from?

Blessings,
Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Hmmm.......Had me at "Blessings" LOL
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook