View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 04:42 PM   #34
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Alright , for those not as close to me as some I will explain my thoughts !
!. I never intended this to turn into a religious discussion.
2. Some of you think I don't understand "christianity". I do

I grew up as most middle class white farm kid. Went to church , learned to work. I lost 2 step dads and moved a lot. My mother had divorced my Pop when I was 4 and took me to Missouri from S. Cali. I grew up in a pretty religious family. My Grandfather was a lay minister , my uncle a Deacon , my Grampa's brother was a Bishop , my auntie married a minister , etc , etc. All good Methodists. After we lost my 2nd stepdad my mom joined some off the wall church that went to church on Saturday , worshiped Old Testament Holy Days and so on. I got into that as a young teen and studied hard. I know what the Bible says! Then I grew up ! Like all teens I rebelled. I left home and searched out my father's side of our family. The ndn side.The first place I ever felt like I belonged was at our family's camp at our tribes homecoming powwow. So then I had to study and learn , to attempt to belong. I listened to the Elders , helped around camp , used my truck to haul trash , hauled tipi poles for a Chief from out of state. I met all my relatives from that ndn side.It took nearly 4 years for me to step into the arena as a dancer.(I looked pitiful)It took another 7 to feel like I actually belonged and I can't even remember when folks started respecting me.I learned our ways , our true ways! I dance and I pray. I've sweat and I learn from Elders. Now , here I am , just an old guy with opinions !

The Bible : a book made up from translated scrolls that were found in caves , written in a dead language , decyphered by language experts into languages that could then be translated ,then re-translated into many languages. Then King James hired a bunch of translators to give us one of the most common versions. On top of that , to get people to accept the "religion" they incorporated all the pagan holidays from all the other world beliefs into so called "christianity" Easter and Passover are 2 examples one if a fertility celebration and the other depicts the escape of Israelites from Egypt. Christmas is a Sami celebration. Religious scholars disagree , but most think Christ was born in the fall , although some say the spring. Not to mention the whole resurrection thing....really ? Good Friday Christ is crucified and put into the tomb and raises 3 days and nights later on Passover sunday morning ??? Must be new math !

I'm done for now. Sorry , I really didn't want to be an azz about it. I pray to one Creator. I know and understand Cheyenne ways.......and white man ways. My Great Grandfather sat on the hill and watched the Little Big Horn fight. He was 10 years old. My 3rd Great Grandfather was killed at Sand Creek.
Wardancer, I cannot tell you enough that I apologize for all of this misunderstanding. Yes, that's what it is,
a misunderstanding. I never intended to offend you nor invalidate what you was telling me. I was merely trying to explain my side when you mentioned that I was brainwashed. Everything you said was true, (what I referred to as Fake Chrsitians), but it was not intended to offended you. I am a born again Christian. I don't follow pagan holidays nor religious beliefs. For example: Catholicism, Methodist, Baptist, etc, etc. I follow God. The Christian church that I'm from, we don't consider ourselves religious, but a fellowship of believers in Christ. We follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. We think of ourselves more as disciples of Christ because we preach His gospel inspired by the Holy Spirit. I know about the crucified on Friday and raised on Sunday. Yes, we too laugh at that math. But in spite of, we show the love of Christ, and we become the light within darkness as Jesus did. We are not religious, but believers in Christ. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whosoever believeth in Him shall not preish but have eternal life. John 3:16." That is what we believe, and Jesus is who we follow. I am sorry and I apologize to you if my comment was taken out of context by Solitaire and created some uncalled for drama. That was never my intent. I just wanted to clarify to you that I was not the type of Christian that you thought I was, the "Brainwashed" kind. When I went to Bible college, I asked many questions about Christianity and our Native American ancestors. Like I told the other lady here, I was told, "This is not the class for that." So I went on my own and did my own study of what transpired because I was not getting the answers I needed from school. I found out everything that our ancestors went through in the name of Christianity. That is why I had a comment to your comment toward me. Again, I am sorry if I offended you. That was not the intention of my heart. In no way did I mean to invalidate your feelings if that's what Solitaire thought that I was doing. I too am Native and my family has the same history every other Native has. They all faced unspeakable atrocities and I would never downplay what our ancestors went through. Yes, I admit that I still have a lot to learn and I am here to learn, but I will also not stay quiet while people like Solitaire take my comments out of context. I am not a drama person, and I think first before I try to rebuke anyone on what I may think is an inappropriate comment. We all have a history in our lives. Thank you for sharing yours. I will share mine with you when this drama is over. Solitaire does not know me nor my life. She does not know the storms I have had to walk through to get to where I am today. The last time I checked, we are all entitled to our own opinions, which I did take yours into consideration, and tried and tried to explain mine the best I could at that moment. But for this lady to twist my words and to do what she did without thinking nor asking me first, well, that just really ticked me off. People need to learn how to ask first. I am 50 years old. I am too old for grammar school drama nor do I have the time for it. Wardancer, I need to ask: Were you offended by my comment or did you understand what I was trying to explain from it? I hope you weren't offended but please let me know either way. I know that you didn't mean for this to become a religious dispute nor topic. This was a little conversation between you and me, and she was out of bounds. Once again wardancer, I apologize for any offense to you.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook