View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 04:58 PM   #38
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Liz, please let this go.

Many followers of tradition Native spiritual practices are very touchy about Christianity. Some are downright hostile. And some Native Christian people seem to exist in a permanent apologetic attack mode because of how they feel they are perceived.

To all:

Let us all be aware that we all have differing relationship with the recent import Christianity. As Native people we have all internalized varying degrees of colonial oppression. We have inherited our tribe's, family's and individual ancestors' histories of accommodation, compromise and resistance. These play out differently within our communities, homes and hearts.

But, as Native people we have retained respect. This demands we decolonize ourselves enough to listen and accept the other's experience. If we choose to offer differing perspective, we best do it by example not argumentation.

(Now, would that I could live be the above admonition, LOL.)

OL Chemist, Yes, I am letting it go. I know that people are touchy about Christianity. There has been a lot of Christian persecution going on for a long time. So yes, I get defensive because we are all placed in the same category and not all Christians are the same. Some of us are really nice people who follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ and we don't force our belief's on anyone. Like I said in a previous comment, "we are suppose to be the light within darkness." So with that I am letting it go here right now. This will be my last comment on the topic. I just hope that wardancer is okay. Thank you OL Chemist for. You have been very gracious to me since I signed up on this site, and always teaching me something new. I appreciate that. Have a blessed weekend.

God bless you,
Liz

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook