View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 02:31 PM   #6
Toolbox
I pull your leg out!

Items Treasure ChestElephantPresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Toolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond reputeToolbox has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeiltleix View Post
Yeah, true, I thought of another question last night regarding regalia. Does the cape and the apron have a particular shape in which is required? Also, could the material be any type or is their a typical rule or possibly some kind of unwritten rule regarding material? I would like to incorporate my own tribal tradition to the shape of my regalia and material. Although by doing so I wouldn't want to offend anyone if there is a rule about this... Would something similar to this shape of an apron be out of the question? Possibly use applique or ribbons to make similar designs of my own clan?

Regalia is personal and the shapes and designs are up to the person wearing it - so long as you don't copy designs that don't belong to you or your tribe or family and so long as you don't look like some hokey wannabe. My grass outfits have aprons that come to an inward point on the bottom /\ shaped. I've seen some that have multiple points, some that are rounded, and some that are straight cut. I think your design would be neat looking and fairly unique and certainly noticeable.

Materials can be anything. Most people just go to the fabric store and get whatever sturdy material fits their design. I use non-stretching cotton based fabric and I've seen others use satins and other materials. For fringe you can use ribbon or yarn. I don't use a cape and I don't think many people use them as much anymore. My ribbon is part of my shirt and I also have ribbon around my aprons and pants as well. I have fringed the leather on my cuffs, which is the only fringe that isn't ribbon.

There are many threads on here about making grass dance outfits in our Grass Dance forums: Grass Dancing - PowWows.com Forums - Native American Culture Look at threads started or posted in by a user "sookout sh'nob"

Help Powwows.com provide better webcasts with wireless cameras by purchasing a decal for your car! We all know you love car decals, don't deny that you don't have them. This is you with a car decal -> http://www.powwows.com/2014/10/23/pow-wow-stickers/
Toolbox is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook