View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 AM   #7
gilisi
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
gilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond reputegilisi has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBrokenArrow View Post
Hi Everyone. Anyone know any of the locations of any Taino Tribes? I am looking for Cheif names or the names of anyone you may know who is active in their tribe, addresses, phone numbers, email address, anything that can help me connect with a live person. I'm especially interested in the Taino Tribes & active organizations of Puerto Rico. Nothing is coming up in google searches or anywhere else.

These are the names of the Taino Tribes:
1- Taino
2- Boriken Taino

3- Kiskeia Taino
4- Bohio Taino
5- Hibaro Taino
6- Sibonel Taino
7- Kuba Taino
8- Guahiro Taino
9- Hamaika Taino
10- Yamaye Taino
11- Taino Arawak
12- Kalinago
13- Karib
14- Lokono

Does anyone know the locations of any of these?

My grandparents from both sides of my family are Taino, but all 4 are deceased & I cannot find out what tribes and reservations they belonged.

I am hoping that someone here may have answers for me. Thank you all in advance for time & help.

Peace & Blessings
Liz
Good morning and welcome to pws.com

You should save some money, buy a plane ticket, and go.
Go to the place where your people were/are.

If you do this, you might just find what you're looking for.

If your ancestors want you to know who you are, you will know.
Documents and written histories can be valuable and very helpful to confirm/discern fact from fiction, but I believe alot of people are dissapointed even when they gain their CDIB cards because they don't REALLY identify with the people.

"Show me somethin"
gilisi is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook