View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #9
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
At the risk of being flippant, I typed the rather obvious phrase 'Puerto Rico reservation map' into the search field in Google. . The third or fourth link in the list had the maps.

There are lots of places to find this kind of data. There is the somewhat user-unfriendly US Census data. There are maps and other goodies spread over dozens of different areas on the website and in a zillion different formats.

Some of the easier to use are:

AIANNHA overlay:

https://tigerweb.geo.census.gov/arcg...NNHA/MapServer

Click the View In: 'ArcGIS Online map viewer' link. Then zoom in on your area of interest.

Tribal Census Tracts:

https://tigerweb.geo.census.gov/arcg...acts/MapServer

Click the View In: 'ArcGIS Online map viewer' link. Then zoom in on your area of interest.

There are also PDF's of the 2010 Census - Tribal Tract Reference Maps. But they are stunningly difficult to access. I've never had the links work and have had to wade through rather painful ranks of directories, hoping to find the most current data.

There is the USGS website fro the National Mapping program:

https://nationalmap.gov

Also not the most direct route to a map. But a very good one. Indeed, it's the source of those maps that you found helpful.

But, its' all so much easier than the old days digging in government record depositories, just to find the right thing to order. I still have blueprint tubes full of old topo maps from the USGS. Now, I can get all this with a search engine. But you do miss the serendipitous finds in the next folder over or the next decimal place up or down in the DDC or LC number.
Thank you so much. This helps so much. I'm saving all this info. It will definitely help in my searches. You rock. This will help me continue in my search. Thanks a billion.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team in Bergen County New Jersey or surrounding area. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

God our Creator #1 in all we do always.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook