View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 02:22 PM   #14
Broken Arrow
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBrokenArrow View Post
I am prepared. Nervous, but prepared nonetheless to find out whatever facts may come my way. I just want to find out the truth, and hopefully find out why my family has been so shady about all of this.
I wish, hope and pray for you and your family that find out and find inner peace. Walking the way is a first step and will help because you try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBrokenArrow View Post
I wish I could speak to my mom, but I cannot. My mom was the one who initially told me about her mom being Taino, but very little about our ancestors since when she told me, she was on the early onset of dementia and wanted me to know before her mind was completely gone. At least all that she could remember at the time. Her mom died when my mom was about 10 to 13 years old, and her family shipped her off to New York to live with other family. All of my mothers siblings where all separated by the family when my grandmother passed away. The truth, I still do not know why. One thing that is for sure, that no matter how much time, how many years pass by, the truth always comes to light. My mother has dementia and I can't really get answers from her because her mind is not what is used to be. She'll be 81 soon and has mental health issues now with the dementia. I have had to find most everything on my own with no help from family. I look forward to finding out what comes out from my tribal registration form whether it's positive or negative. Will keep you posted too. Thanks again for the support.
Oh weh. Parts sound so familiar. My parents are 82 and 81 now and I have some insight what you are facing.

Walk your way, you will find out may be in small peaces and with slow pace. You will find your particular obstacles and reasons. While the are different in detail the human reasons for that acting may be less different.

May God and the Creator lead you.

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook