View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 04:34 PM   #18
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleclanriverband View Post
Honestly, I was put off by all your Christian proselytizing in your earlier posts; so I chose to stay quiet. But I feel the need to speak up now because I think you are being misled by whatever group you filled out an application for “tribal registration” to.

I hope you understand that there is NO Taino & Carib Indian Tribe that is legally US Federally Recognized and that the PR Commonwealth Govt. does not officially recognize any Taino/Arawak & Carib Tribe on the Island either. This has nothing to do with your family & who your ancestors were. All PR Tainos aren't legally recognized by the BIA as an American Indian Tribe.

There are a number of Taino “social friendship clubs”, “cultural organizations” & “political action groups” (they call themselves different things); NONE of these groups/entities can offer you “tribal enrollment” that is LEGALLY considered by the US Govt./BIA to be as belonging to a US Federally Recognized American Indian Tribe.

The membership you are buying is basically no different than Sam’s Club or a gym membership. It’s akin to paying a fee to become a member of the Girl Scouts kind of thing. For example, I have ZERO Taino blood & if I pay $30/person to the United Confederation of Taino People, they would give me a membership & issue me what they call a “tribal id”.

There are a number of for-profit corporations & non-profit charities that use weasel words to make it look like they offer “tribal enrollment” in their "official registry" or what they call an "affiliate" to their "inter-tribal indigenous nations", but these are basically scams in that they cannot offer you membership/enrollment in any US Federally Recognized American Indian/Native American Tribe.

BTW…The reason why there are no reservations in PR & no treaties with Taino/Arawak/Caribs is because the US Military invaded, took it over & occupied Puerto Rico during the Spanish/American War in1898. After the war, the US Govt. acquired it as a possession from Spain as a concession.
Hi eagleclanriverband, I appreciate your feedback and I apologize that you were put off by my Christian proselytizing in my earlier posts. That was not my intent. I was raised one way, and now I am trying to learn and find our about my ancestors and who I am. I am learning about what happened to my ancestors and I cannot tell you how much I am battling within my inner self due to with my Christian beliefs and my ancestors beliefs to the point where now I am questioning my Christian beliefs and trying to absorb more about what I am learning about my ancestors beliefs. It's my battle and in some form or another I will figure it all out within myself as I go along and continue to learn more about my family.

As for all of the info that you have given me about my Taino people, I can honestly tell you that I did not know all of that and I thank you for bringing that up to me and I will take that and research more so that I can learn more. Again, someway or another, I will figure all of this out.

Now for the Taino Tribal registration, when I found the organization that I sent my blood test and registration to, they stated that they are registered with the government and that they are recognized. Here is where I'm a little weary because you mentioned that I am being misled by them. I found 3 Taino organizations in Puerto Rico last night. Unfortunately, I cannot contact them yet because I don't know if you heard, but Puerto Rico lost all power and phone services in these days when they got hit with Hurricane Maria. I cannot even get a hold of my family there to find out if they're okay, alive and well. Are you telling me that the Taino Tribal Org's in PR are a scam as well? How would I find that out? How would I find out about the Tribal Org that I applied too? How did you get all of this information? My gosh, I'm all over the internet trying to find out info, and I hit brick walls, and when I do find something, apparently it's not legit. Apparently I must not be searching properly. Can you expand on that? So if and when I get approved to any Taino Tribal Org, it's all fake? They're all fake. I don't understand. The Taino Tribal Org that I applied to hold events and perform at Pow Wow's. What am I missing here? I am still so confused. I mean, on the one hand I understand everything that you told me and I believe you, but on the other hand, I am still confused because they hold events and recently found out that they do perform at Pow Wow's. So how do I investigate if the organization I applied to is legit or not? Thanks again for your feedback eagleclanriverband. I appreciate it.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team in Bergen County New Jersey or surrounding area. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

God our Creator #1 in all we do always.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook