View Single Post
Old 09-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #20
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
And they have no Jingle Dress dancers.

You have spoken good words. It reminds me of the white people when they say they are 'tribal members' of the 'Cherokee Nation of the French All's. Poor people. Trying so hard to belong.

To the Taino lady. Search for your family, not your identity. Your will find more comfort that way.
Hi Joe's Dady, I am by no means like the white people trying to be posers. I am by no means "Trying so hard to belong" like you put it. (I know you weren't really referring to me by the way). But just so that you can know what I am doing here on this site, and why I ask questions, you need familiarize yourself with my journey here through my past posts, and on this thread as well. You will see that I am here on this site merely trying to learn and getting help on finding out my families history. I know that I am Taino. There's no question about that. Both sides of my parents, my grandparents, and great-grandparents, paternal/maternal, all Taino. So far, I know that my grandparents and great-grandparents and the grands before them all lived it. I know about who my grandparents and great-grand parents were from both sides of my family. When my grandparents passed away, that's when the family after that, the descendants abandoned the life and never spoke a word of it to any of us. I ask, they all change the topic, and are really shady and reluctant to answer any questions at all. Also, a lot of the family who would know, and probably would not had said anything anyway, have already passed away. I'd love to take a trip to PR, but I cannot until PR is restored from this devastating hurricane that tore the Island apart. So until then, I am here asking questions and learning since I do not have all of the answers. Yes, I get misinformation, but I don't know that it is misinformation until I come on here to ask questions about things that I have found out.

As for your comment that Taino's don't Jingle Dance. Yes, I know that. I know the type of dances that they do. I've seen it. I however, gravitated to Jingle Dancing. It's what I am learning. It's what I love. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. If there is, let me know.

Peace and blessings Joe's Dad. Thank you for your comments and feedback.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team in Bergen County New Jersey or surrounding area. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

God our Creator #1 in all we do always.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook