View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 04:38 PM   #21
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
@eagleclanriverband and all who have given me feedback here.

So I came across this site 500 Nations and they show the federally recognized tribes and for the State of New Jersey where I am at: There's a Taino Tribe listed. I will be reaching out to them for information and information on being a Federally recognized tribe, so please explain if you still believe that we Taino's are not recognized in NJ? Again, I am going to reach out to them and hope that they will give me the info I need, but could it be possible that you are wrong on this one? Some do live in what we call reservations. In Puerto Rico they're called "Settlements" and they live in Huts made from what looks like sticks and straw. With the disaster in Puerto Rico that's occurring now, I'm sure by now you know that Puerto Rico was hit hard and destroyed by Hurricanes Irma and Maria, it will be nearly impossible for me to get some info directly from PR anytime soon, however, the info I have found so far seems legit.

500 Nations: Click here (Taino Jatibonuco Tribe of Puerto Rico) to see the New Jersey federally recognized tribes.

Click here (Current Taino Tribes and Settlements in Puerto Rico). This Taino Webstie from Puerto Rico has loads of info on their tribes. The tribes are still there. Maybe not all of them, but there are still active Taino Tribes in PR.

Now don't get mad at me. In a short amount of time, you all just taught me how to do some searches on google, and so far I got a lot more info today.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I appreciate honesty. Don't hold back. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but please include your sources so I can keep researching and learning. Thanks.

Peace and Blessings.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook