pcoleman
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
pcoleman is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDI's View Post
Mr. Coleman, just my view and no offense intended but doing such research should be about connecting with family. Looking up ancestry with a single goal in mind might cause you to neglect the very real benefit of meeting relatives. You have cousins, aunts, uncles, maybe sisters and brothers out there who you have never met.

They are the main reason for researching these connections. Connect with family and meet them so you'll have them with you to teach your own children. Without doing that all you'll be able to teach your children is how to do genealogical research.

Good luck.
No offense taken and believe me that is my no.1 goal. I have met my father and one of my sisters and one of my brothers. I will be meeting two more this weekend when I fly to Dallas. I have to wait till I am accepted by each and can't push my way in.

As far as the native culture, despite being basically half, they are detached as they were not raised in it. My grandparents moved off the Rez and my father became CEO of a large company. I think I am the only one who has visited one of the Rez's.
pcoleman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook