View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 03:16 PM   #29
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
Welcome to the site. Actually, I've been following most of your posts since the day you walked in. You haven't seen me because there are many others who will guide you in the right way and a polite way (OLC and eagleclanriverband among others).

What I was saying is find your people from Puerto Rico. Many PR tribes have cultures and heritage different than American Indians. I believe once you grasp your in visual culture (who you identify with), you may have no desire for follow the medicine dress.
Hi Joe's Dad. I understand what you're saying. And yes, that's what I am trying to do, to find my own people from PR. I was explaining in other posts that I keep hitting road blocks while trying to find my own people. My family from both my mother's side and father's side are not being supportive, but I don't care. I am determined and I am not going to stop. The more they try to sway me away, the more determined I get. I would love nothing more than to see how they live, their culture, what they do, etc, etc.

Now as for the medicine dress. The reason why I have a passion for it is because praying for people, laying hands on people and praying for their healing, that's what I do on the daily. I'm a prayer warrior. I pray for everyone, I go to hospitals to pray for the sick, I visit people in their homes who are sick, I visit people on their death bed, and I pray. So jingle dancing, the medicine dress, when I saw it for the first time, I knew it was for me, I related to it, my heart leaped, I felt one with it. And so, from that first time, I made it a mission to learn it. Now I do not know if that would change after I connect with my family and see them "do them" if that would diminish my desire for the "medicine dress" as you put it, but for now, I cannot completely express into words what jingle dancing means to me and how it really makes me feel inside my being, to my very soul. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say. I have seen videos of my Taino people doing their dances, but it doesn't have the effect on me that Jingle Dancing has on me. Like you said though, I would have to see the "Visual" of my family culture and see how I identify with it.

I have a question for you. Please don't take it the wrong way. I'm hear to ask and learn so it's not personal or sarcastic or disrespectful, or anything of the sort. I now have to watch how I ask questions and make comments because people get sensitive here when I mean no harm. You said that "many PR tribes have cultures and heritage different than American Indians." Comment: Taino's, although they may have different cultures than other tribes in this nation, PR is a commonwealth/territory of the U.S. They are American Citizens. PR is a part of the U.S. Question: Therefore, doesn't that make Taino's "American Indians" as well? It's just a question that I need clarified. I mean, even the ones from Canada, Mexico and South America are also referred to as American Indian. So please clarify that for me. Gosh, I hope this question/ comment doesn't bring the lynch mob upon me here again. I come in peace.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook