View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #31
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizBrokenArrow View Post
Hi Joe's Dad. I understand what you're saying. And yes, that's what I am trying to do, to find my own people from PR. I was explaining in other posts that I keep hitting road blocks while trying to find my own people. My family from both my mother's side and father's side are not being supportive, but I don't care. I am determined and I am not going to stop. The more they try to sway me away, the more determined I get. I would love nothing more than to see how they live, their culture, what they do, etc, etc.

Now as for the medicine dress. The reason why I have a passion for it is because praying for people, laying hands on people and praying for their healing, that's what I do on the daily. I'm a prayer warrior. I pray for everyone, I go to hospitals to pray for the sick, I visit people in their homes who are sick, I visit people on their death bed, and I pray. So jingle dancing, the medicine dress, when I saw it for the first time, I knew it was for me, I related to it, my heart leaped, I felt one with it. And so, from that first time, I made it a mission to learn it. Now I do not know if that would change after I connect with my family and see them "do them" if that would diminish my desire for the "medicine dress" as you put it, but for now, I cannot completely express into words what jingle dancing means to me and how it really makes me feel inside my being, to my very soul. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say. I have seen videos of my Taino people doing their dances, but it doesn't have the effect on me that Jingle Dancing has on me. Like you said though, I would have to see the "Visual" of my family culture and see how I identify with it.

I have a question for you. Please don't take it the wrong way. I'm hear to ask and learn so it's not personal or sarcastic or disrespectful, or anything of the sort. I now have to watch how I ask questions and make comments because people get sensitive here when I mean no harm. You said that "many PR tribes have cultures and heritage different than American Indians." Comment: Taino's, although they may have different cultures than other tribes in this nation, PR is a commonwealth/territory of the U.S. They are American Citizens. PR is a part of the U.S. Question: Therefore, doesn't that make Taino's "American Indians" as well? It's just a question that I need clarified. I mean, even the ones from Canada, Mexico and South America are also referred to as American Indian. So please clarify that for me. Gosh, I hope this question/ comment doesn't bring the lynch mob upon me here again. I come in peace.
Perhaps you confuse 'American Indians' with 'Indians of the Americas'.

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook