View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 03:56 PM   #37
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Hi OLChemist and everyone here that has been giving me feedback and teaching me here. Just wanted to update you and give you some good news. It's been a while since I updated this thread and it's because I've been doing researching and digging, and using the library that is full of free information as well as to learn more.

Anyhow, I found one of my family's Taino tribes of PR and I was able to connect with one of my uncles in PR through what's happened in PR with the hurricane because everyone has lost everything, and everyone has had to sacrifice and unite and come together to help one another. So I spoke to him briefly before we got cut off. They still don't have electricity and much cell phone service. The little that they get quickly cuts off after a few minutes, but we will continue to keep trying to connect. It's a disaster there now and the relief effort has been disappointing.

Anyhow, in the brief conversation that we had, my uncle confirmed all the questions that I had for for him and he's still active in his tribe. He said that we "our" family are from the "Jatibonicu Tribal Nation" and he invited me whenever PR is restored, and they rebuild to come join them to meet the family and he said that I am his niece and that being said he said now part of the tribe and he can't wait to meet me, and spend some time with me and teach me. He said he wants to meet my two sons and grandsons and teach them too. I was so happy I just started to cry and cry. But he started to cry the moment he found out I had sons and a grandsons. He was so humble and welcoming.

I did not get to find out why my family left and kept the tribe a secret. My uncle told me that he wouldn't discuss that over the phone, but that he would answer all of those questions when I go over there to meet the family. He told me that there is a lot for me to learn and that there's a lot of ugly stuff that I may not like to hear but if I want to know I have to prepare to hear everything, the good and the bad. I've been expecting that. There's never any good without any bad.

I know that I still have a lot to learn. I know that I do not know everything. However, I am happy that I did get to find out somethings, that I did get to connect with one of my uncles and that I got to find out about my family's tribe. I am happy that he invited me to come and welcomed me, and I can't wait to meet everyone and learn from them. I haven't been able to connect again. Like I stated, the cell phone service is horrible there. I haven't been able to speak to my aunt. She's diabetic and I've been trying to find out if she needs anything and if she's okay. But I'm trying to stay strong in faith and keep praying.

In the meantime, I am reading so much, learning so much that I give myself a headache sometimes. I've been watching YouTube video's of Taino traditional dances and other cultural things that they do. I came across a recent video. There was a Pow Wow, well it was like a Pow Wow in New York, in Randalls Island this past August, 2017. They had many Native American Indians and there were also Taino Indians. They had a Taino girl do a solo dance. She had a Jingle Dress doing a Jingle Dance. She did it beautifully. I am going to find the link again and post it here so you can see it. So I guess Taino's adopted the dance too.

I just wanted to share my good news about my family. will update as I find out more good news. Thank you all for all your feedback since me joining this site.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook