Thread: DNA Tests
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #24
Josiah
Powwow Dude

Items DevilUser Name Style ChangeUser Title Style Change
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Josiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond reputeJosiah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Veteran View Post
I am officially 5/32 Cherokee. I have my Great Uncles DNA and officially he is 5/8 Cherokee. I have noticed that ancestry picks up Asian traces with Native American blood. This makes sense since we crossed Bering Strait a long time ago.

It makes sense that Mexicans have Indian genes, since the Spainards integrated with the local tribes.

As for the accuracy of ancestry I think it is accurate. As I mentioned earlier I am 5/32 Cherokee blood which is 15.62%. Ancestry shows me at 13%, with a range of 11%-15%. Then there is a Asia South match of less than 1% and a range of 0%-2%. Which probably residual from the ancient days. This matches my calculated 5/32.

My Great Uncle is 5/8 Cherokee or 62.5%. Ancestry shows 52%, with a range of 49%-55%. Then he has Asia Central 4%, with a range of 0%-9%. There is also Asia East 2%, range of 0%-4%. This matches his 5/8.

I'd say ancestry is accurate.
The report u received from Ancestor.com actually says your Cherokee? Or you self identify as Cherokee? For I bet you could not take that paperwork and actually register with a Federal Tribe. My next question is if your great uncle is 5/8th wouldn’t that also make your Grandfather or Grandmother the same??
My entire point with these blind tests is they are not useful to prove anything other than you posses hapalo group markers that may indicate you belong to one of 5 groups that has been identified as Native American but not what member of the 566 tribes in the United States! They do not prove that you are the descendant