View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #1
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
The Term Native American and Indigenous Peoples the Caribbean and Lat. America

I'm trying to understand something I've been seeing in some discussions on Powwows.com recently. A number of folks, who are members of tribe indigenous the areas of the Americas outside the USA, have been discussing the term "Native American." They have been asking and even arguing a bit about the meaning and, by extension, the boundaries of the term. I feel that somehow in folks from tribes outside the US, there is some additional dimension to the term.

So, I ask them:

What does the term "Native American" mean to you?

What does it mean to be included within the definition? Excluded?

Do you assign some political or legal import to being included?
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook