ChildrenFromTheSun
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ChildrenFromTheSun is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Dad View Post
How much was your per capita check from the 4th largest tribe?

Apache, Zuni, Navajo, Nez Perce, Assiniboine, Sioux, and 500 more tribes are recognized by the United States government. The Mexican tribe is not. There is not even a recognized 'Mexican tribe' in Mexico.

Indigenous, we all are. Which tribe do you identify in the United States? Which tribe do you identify in Mexico?
My check was a hefty load of $0 but 1 peso ...

I don't believe whoever is responsible behind that image meant it literally. It's just another way of saying "Mexican Indians/Native Americans (collectively, not based on their individual tribes) from Mexico are the 4th largest population of Native Americans (based on significant, individual tribes) in the US even if they are not recognized by the US govt.

I identify as Mexican/Puerto Rican in terms of culture regardless of where I am. I am aware that one of the Native American cultures I descend from is called "Purepecha" but the overwhelming majority of my Native American ancestry is culturally unidentified. In terms of my race, I'm mixed between two races that I identify as Native American and Mediterranean (mostly from Europe).

Last edited by ChildrenFromTheSun; 02-12-2018 at 03:48 AM..
ChildrenFromTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook