View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #1134
Alli3
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Alli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond reputeAlli3 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
So I haven't posted on here for awhile; mostly been lurking/reading old posts. But I finished my first piece of applique beadwork recently and I wanted to share it. We had the local powwow this weekend and I really wanted to have something to wear that represented my heritage. It's a hair tie (was going to be a barrette but I ended up getting the wrong size so I had to improvise with a leather thong tie instead.)

Thank you so much @OLChemist, your guidance was invaluable. Per your advice I looked through a lot of pictures of museum pieces as well as antique wallpaper/fabric for ideas as far as shape, shading, etc. I even ended up finding some inspiration on a gift box and a piece of enamel cookware.:p

I did trace the flower outline out of a book though, because my hand drawing skills are not the greatest.

It's definitely not perfect; I need to work on finding the sweet spot between having my thread taut but not too tight so that the beads don't get bunched up and I really need to only use my nicer beads. I took a risk on some because I liked the color and it looks ok but I think it would look more uniform with better beads.

Sorry about the picture quality; I know it's a little blurry!

Last edited by Alli3; 03-13-2018 at 03:27 AM.. Reason: Picture isn't showing up
Alli3 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook