JiuJitsuFighter
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
JiuJitsuFighter is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildrenFromTheSun View Post
So glad you finally came to join us! You used to have an account here though, until the temporary "shutdown," right?

When I claim we're all "Native American," including ALL indigenous folks of the Americas (includes all of Latin America, Canada, USA without Hawaii, Caribbean, and Greenland) was not categorizing us into "one tribe." It was in a fairly different context of categorization that I hoped all of us in the discussion could fully comprehend and agree upon. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case thus far.

The true context of "Native American" in my posts is categorization in terms of race. I elaborated thoroughly in one or two of them over this context. This isn't something I solely apply to us. I apply them to other racially distinct populations we're all aware of, such as White/Caucasian and Black/Sub-saharan African.

Furthermore, we all know there are plenty of distinct societies and nations within the White/Caucasian race that originates from Europe. This fact still doesn't negate the racial identity, especially as race does not depend solely on cultural similarities, but is primarily based on biological characteristics.

Long story short, "tribe ≠ race," in my context at least.

I usually only use it to identify my and "indigenous peoples of the Americas" race in my case (no rhyme intended).

As for no "White" American, I'm sure you don't mean it literally and are just trying to make a point. I still feel like throwing it out in case you're interested: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Americans

There are definitely certain physiological characteristic we share that can make us distinguishable from other commonly heard of races, such as White/Caucasian and Black as I mentioned before. There can still be physiological variations within the same race as well, height being a perfect one. Notice how Caucasians in Northern Europe tend to be taller than the ones in Southern Europe. This doesn't diminish my claims though as far as I'm concerned; height obviously isn't the only physiological characteristic to consider.
Iím come to this conclusion bro, my people are the Maya. I do understand the way you view the whole subject.
JiuJitsuFighter is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook