Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 02:47 AM   #45927
Broken Arrow
Signal Corps

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond reputeBroken Arrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Grrr, one of our lens array designers needs to test an array for a new detector. My colleague isn't electronics savy, so the project has migrated to my desk.

There is an analog version of this chip. But it's SMD in a 8 pin leadless chip carrier. I can't find a suitable breakout. Or even an unsuitable one I could beat into shape.

(Rose, sucks her lips in over her teeth, rocks her office chair back and forth, and says in a quivering voice, "I remember when chips had pins...") I pine for the days when getting an evaluation board meant receiving an envelope with a bare PCB, an anti-stat bag with a chip, and plastic bag full of resistors and caps.

Now you get a sensor hooked up to some flavor of ATmega AVR microcontroller, with several pieces of software of varying quality, a USB cable, and some FTDI driver you have to locate on the internet.

Hopefully, my colleague can get the company to send us a sensor board sans chip. Or just a couple extra sensor breakout boards, that I can de-chip. Otherwise I need to find a place that can make me a few cheap breakout PCB's. Maybe even solder the dang chips to them.
Hi Rose, you are not alone. I suffer with you and hope the very best for you.

That happened about 12 years ago with very nice precision voltage chips for 2.048 V. Ordered DIP packages and got the sub miniature variant. LOL, I could find the soldering boards, to access the chip and got them. We (I) can't solder them and there was no budget left to get them soldered and so they never were. LOL (cry).

that you get soldering boards and get the chips soldered on.

I still have some older packages of the sort you are wanting, including an tube radio.

Oh, I nearly forgot. Coffee is ready!

True peace between nations will only happen when there is true peace within people’s souls.
Black Elk

“Tell me, and I will listen.
Show me, and I will understand.
Involve me, and I will learn.”
Lakota Proverb

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace.
(Reinhold Niebuhr, but the origin is debated)
Broken Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook