View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 05:13 PM   #50
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I need your prayers please.

Hello @OLChemist @wardancer and @brokenarrow I am here to ask for your prayers for my family in PR. Do any of you remember that I had mentioned that I would be going to my family'sreservation to meet my family's tribe to finally meet them and to bring them supplies that were donated due to last year's devastating hurricane Maria?

Well, I got to meet my family, but I am heart but I am heart broken. Their reservation is destroyed. The majority of their houses gone. There is little left. I begged, I pleaded to please come to NJ with me, that we would make it work somehow. But they don't want to come. They feel that if they up and leave, they would be deserting all that they have ever known, and that their ancestry, their reservation as destroyed as it is, they feel they would be abandoning everything, their way of living, the tribe, everything, and that they wouldn't be a tribe anymore, that all that they have ever known, what they were born into would be non-existent.

I know that I am new to all this, but I don't understand. Can someone explain to me in a way that I can understand? I mean, I kind of sort of understand, but everything is gone. I know that through all of our Native ancestries in America, tribes were forced to migrate. Wouldn't it be the same with my family now? They asked me to stay. I want to. I am staying for a couple of more weeks, but I can't stay longer. I have to come back to my husband, but I promised that I am willing to come again to help in any way that I can. The house in the pic is from one of my uncles in the reservation. You can click on it to enlarge it. He can't live in it anymore. Most everyone are staying in tents because they don't want to leave, others are cramped up in other family's house who chose not to live in the reservation. It's just sad all around.

Just please please keep my family in your prayer. I will be appreciative. Thanks so much. Abundant blessings to you all and I will continue to keep you all posted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChiefIgalosHouseB.jpg (74.9 KB, 32 views)

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook