View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:07 PM   #56
LizBrokenArrow
Liz Broken Arrow

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond reputeLizBrokenArrow has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Liz, our people are survivors. When when we finish mourning, we rebuild. If we didn't there would be no Native people today.

Remember, our various native people's traditional teachings are tied to the land. These things don't transplant well. The land is still there. The community is damaged but still there. Home is more than a house for Native people. The house may be gone, but the home is still there. I think your best course of action is to provide what material and spiritual support you can, while they will rebuild.

I will remember your family in my prayers.
@OLChemist Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. You don't know how much I appreciate you. I have learned a lot from you throughout my time here at PowWow. I understand what you say about their land being their home, their traditions. I won't push the issue anymore about coming with me. I am here for them in anyway that they need me. Even when I come back to NJ, I am here for them and I will go back to PR in a couple of months and help them again and bring them more supplies. Yes, I am heartbroken for them, but at the same time, I am so proud of them and how unified and resilient they are. My gosh, the way they pray together, their ceremonial gatherings in spite of... It just brings tears to my eyes. Oh, and their language. They still use their language. They have taught me some and I have taken notes so that I do not forget what I have learned. It's just so beautiful. I couldn't be more proud of what I am a part of. Thanks again OLChemist. Thank you for keeping my family in your prayers. Abundant Blessings. Will keep you updated.

I am looking to join a Pow Wow dance team anywhere in New Jersey. Dance Style: Jingle Dancing.

Thank You Creator For All Of Your Blessings.
LizBrokenArrow is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook