View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 11:15 AM   #20
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooGardens View Post
I found this on somebody's car... literally... and I said...
Hey, you can always leave if you don't like the idea that we have the right to the benefits of having a government during a global crisis.
The homeland security bumper sticker is humor. It isn't a statement about the appropriateness of the US response 9/11. You're supposed to look at it, laugh and think yeah, maybe that is how Native people viewed their warriors.

Please place this with in context. Native people have served in every war since the Revolutionary War. As a percentage of their population, Native people serve in the military at a higher rate than any other group. For the most part Native people are about as patriotic as they come. Veterans -- Native and non -- are honored in social gatherings and ceremonies. This land a gift from the Creator. Fighting to defend it is natural.

Of course you may just want to get mad at me. I have a variation of that sticker on my tool chest. :)
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook