Thread: buckskin wallet
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 05:34 AM   #2
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Are you going to bead the outside?

When I make checkbook covers, I use thin buckskin for the lining and any insert. It's one of the rare cases where I turn the buckskin grain side outwards, to improve resistance to soiling. Then I bead the outer cover, except the line along the fold. When I assemble it, I glue thin sheets of a slightly flexible plastic on either side of the fold. After I glue down the insert, I place a few anchor stitches through all layers along the fold. These will help prevent the two layers from parting when flexed. I bead over the fold with the cover folded. Then I stitch the outer edges together and bead over the seam with rolled edge beading.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wallet.pdf (20.6 KB, 8 views)
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook