Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 11:30 AM   #46095
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Sloppy Joe's can cobbler, sounds about right. With a large cold caffeinated beverage.

At midnight, I was enjoying the *fun* of emergency AC repair. I came home to water dripping from my dining room ceiling. Dang condensate drain and newly rerouted emergency overflow were non-functional.

After a whopping minute and a half in my still over 100F attic, the repairman came down and asked, "Did you know both your drain lines run uphill?"

Since I was AC-less and paying a fortune for after hours service, I bit my tongue and did not say, 'Yes, despite three university classes in classical mechanics and a lifetime worth of observations of the behavior of fluids in a gravitational field, I thought a miracle would occur and the water in my AC would run uphill!' Instead I just said, "No."

Apparently, when the plumber replaced the corroded drainline under the vanity and reconnected the condensate line to drains, he attached the pipe about an inch and a half higher, forcing the entire pipe up inside the wall. And the AC installers hung the supports for the PVC emergency overflow line from the condensate drain line. It was just enough to make both lines not drain. GRRRRR!
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook