Old 07-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #1
WomanfromOz
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WomanfromOz is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Native American Ancestry in Australia

Hi, I'm a girl from outback Australia that grew up thinking she was Spanish, Scottish and Asian.
I never met my grandfather because he died before I was born but I saw plenty of photos and he clearly looked Asian as far as I could see.
He didn't know what his ethnicity was but assumed Asian. After having many DNA tests to confirm I found out that I am part Native American and Inuit. Besides my Italian, Spanish and Scottish.

I've matched up with many people who have Cherokee blood as well as Inuits. All of the people I match who have Cherokee blood are descendants of Fivekiller.

I believe my Great grandmother Esther was in America before she came to Australia and she arrived here pregnant.

It feels a bit surreal to find out I have Native American Ancestry. My mother and I have always been interested in Native American culture, jewellery, medicine, spirit religion etc. We both have always used natural medicine and have always been very spiritual. We are both Clairvoyant and have always wondered where it came from. I'm not sure if we have the same spirit guides but are very intune with nature and animals.

My Grandfather was a farmer and butcher and my mother used to assist him in animal slaughter and skinning from when she was a child.

A world away from where my Ancestor came from on the plains of America. I've always been drawn to Native American men in a big way, I had a long distance relationship with a Native American man I met online. He died before I got to meet him in person sadly.

I've always had a longing to visit America and go to a reservation from when I was a little girl. I'm looking forward to experiencing Native culture and hospitality one day.

Is it difficult to find a reservation to visit to experience Native culture? Will I be accepted as a part Native woman and be allowed to come to a Powwow? It would mean a lot to me to be accepted in this way.

I'm don't want or need a piece of paper or a stamp to prove anything. I know I am Native, it's in my heart, and the blood that fills my veins. A certificate doesn't add anything to how I feel about being part Indian.

I feel very privileged to say that I am part Native American and carry the spirits of my Ancestors.

✨✨

Last edited by WomanfromOz; 07-11-2018 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: Symbols showed as numbers :(
WomanfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook