View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #6
wardancer
Me & Eyes are the best !

Items DevilPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
wardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond reputewardancer has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanfromOz View Post
Dear OLChemist,

I'm sorry but I cannot believe how mean you've been. I don't know you, and it's my first time on here.

You have made a lot of assumptions about me and my post that have deeply offended me. Everyone makes assumptions by what and how you say things. Get over it !

I don't have ANY stereotypical ideas of Native American culture. "Modern" natives??? My grandfather was 1/2 Native American dude! Proven by DNA. Not some ancient relative I heard stories about. My mothers father was a Native American man. You obviously DO because of the things you say !

Also, my ex boyfriend was a "Modern" Native American so I pretty much know what Native culture is. He was a Hopi/Pueblo Indian from Colorado. He was full Native and didn't live on a Reservation and worked for the Military. So yes, I know Native Americans aren't all "tree huggers who live in tipi's" as you put it. I've done a lot of research on modern and ancient Native culture. The good, the bad and the ugly truth of what non-natives have done to Native people and culture.

Where did I ever mention a tipi???

I also grew up in a very small Reservation town here with many Australian Aboriginal friends. So I know how Native people live these days thank you. I watch NITV here in Australia and it has many Documentaries on current living conditions and Native issues of all Native cultures. We are not under any illusions here in Australia, thank you.

It's not my fault that my Great Grandmother didn't stay in a relationship with my Grandfathers father and moved here to Australia.

Not going for any metaphors, when I say "plains" it's what I relate to the Australian outback. I'll say "land" if that makes you feel better.It probably wouldn't make a difference !

Well, if my Grandfather's father hadn't ( disappeared ) on my Grandmother we would know which tribe he was from exactly wouldn't we??? She claimed she didn't know what ethnicity the father was.

To be honest I was hesitant about mentioning that I matched Cherokee people because I have heard everyone in America claims that. Well I don't have a family Cherokee story and I'm not after Native American benefits.That's mostly a myth as well !About all we really get is a hard time !

I would just like to be recognised as what I am instead of "What are you?" "Are you Eurasian?" "Are you Chinese or something?"

That's what I meant by being accepted.
You would always be an outsider , doesn't matter how you think. It takes years and years of hanging around , helping , taking part in activities to even think about being accepted as a visitor , and I doubt you'd ever be accepted as an ndn. You'd have to find your family for that to happen !I don't want to move to a reservation. I have a house here. I honestly hoped that I could make some Native American friends here that would accept me as part Native. It's pretty lonely when I don't know any other part Native Americans in my country. Because it is a world away from America.

I wanted to visit a Reservation for a cultural exchange and to feel more connected to my grandfather. He died a month before I was born so I didn't get to meet him. All I have is photographs of him that look like Native American men from the 1800's and early 1900's.

Why would I hear a nasty comment or two at a Powwow?? I look part Native. You're assuming I'm some blonde, bimbo looking flaky girl, claiming to be an Indian Princess or something. Wrong.

My skin is light but why would people say nasty things. I am a very humble person.
Because you are still an outsider and the locals can tell that ! I don't appreciate the level of judgement I have received here.I didn't expect this but at least I thought someone would send me a polite message of guidance rather than a snappy toned comments. We don't really care !

The arena isn't about you? What does that even mean? Why would I make the arena about me when I'm a guest on the tribal owned land of the Powwow organisers? Who would be that rude or clueless? Almost every outsider that comes to a powwow ! They have no clue about what it's all about , how to act , the dos and don'ts. They just get out there and go "Oh look at me , I'm an ndn"

I hoped to make friends on here and hopefully make a friend that I could visit on or off a Reservation for a culture exchange. I didnt post to offend anyone.
And maybe you will if you don't get all mad about little crap !
It would be nice to make a meaningful friendship with someone (hopefully a man because I'm single) who shares my Ancestry instead of being shunned for not being 100% Native American. Most folks on here are not 100% native. But it's not a dating site !

I sincerely apologise if I offended you in any way with my post OLChemist. It was not my intent. I wish you well and appreciate your taking the time to reply. I shall find another Native American forum to look for friends to meet and hope to have better luck making connections there before I fly over for my holiday.
With all that said , welcome to powwows.calm ! I assure you nobody is offended ! we get lots of posts like this and most who get the lecture storm off with even worse attitude than you. The thing is , we live this life everyday. It's not some mystical crap , it's real life with real problems that have been going on for centuries. We don't get free stuff(most of us), we work , pay taxes , try to live the american dream(LOL) and when we can afford to , we powwow with our friends and family.Good luck in your quest......and watch your step in those other forums ! Some of them are brutal ! LOL

They say blood is thicker than water ! Now maple syrup is thicker than blood , so are pancakes more important than family ?

There are "Elders" and there are "Olders". Being the second one doesn't make the first one true !

Somebody is out there somewhere, thinking of you and the impact you made in their life.
It's not me....I think you're an idiot !

There's a chance you might not like me ,

but there's a bigger

chance I won't care
wardancer is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook