Thread: Redhorse cafe
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #46175
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
If the Amerikaner's have Grand Mariner and a really good dark chocolate in the glaze, I'll take two. I'm too American, I like my Berliner's raspberry filling and powdered sugar, rather than the more tradition plum filling and cinnamon sugar coating. Now if you've got some Franzbr÷tchen, I'm in.

For those who didn't have a bunch of Amish and German relatives who made the best Christmas and Easter goodies: Amerikaner are soft vanilla cookies that are turned over and the "bottom" glazed half and half with chocolate and vanilla glaze. Berliner's are miniature jelly doughnuts. Hamburger is a chocolate coated marshmallow squashed between the halves of a bread roll. Franzbr÷tchen is a cross between a croissant and a cinnamon roll.

Do you guys make poppy seed rolls? I know they make a version in Austria. I only know the Polish name, makowiec. Dr Rachkowski was our neighbor back when I was in high school. She taught me how to make makowiec for good luck at Christmas.

Last edited by OLChemist; 07-28-2018 at 04:11 PM..
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook