View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #20
WomanfromOz
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Our Plains Tribes are the only "Indigenous Culture to use Buffalo Sweetgrass". So if you are using it in someone else's smudging practices , then you appropriated it from us , and that's still wrong !
Sorry Wardancer but there was a Cree Chief named "SweetGrass" in Canada. There are many "Plains tribes" living in Canada including Blackfoot, Cree, Ojibwa, Assiniboine, Nakota and Dakota. Plains Tibes have been having families with Inuits for thousands of years. All of the Inuit people in my family are also Native American.

I love the smell of burning sweetgrass. You can actually buy it here now. It is in every hippie, cultural store, alone or in smudging mixes.

I smudge to clear my home of negative energy. I smudge on the full moon to remember and feel close to my Ancestors (of all cultures) who lived by the moon cycles. I also smudge as an offering to the Traditional Owners of the land I live on to acknowledge that it doesn't belong to me and that I respect them.

For me it's a personal thing that I do in the privacy of my home so I don't see your problem.
WomanfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook