View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:36 PM   #25
WomanfromOz
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these partsWomanfromOz is infamous around these parts
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardancer View Post
Yes , those are "Plains Tribes". On this continent "The Great Plains" extends into Canada ! The "issue" is your attitude towards Our culture ! This is something you said to me and I quote "I practise both Earth/spirit Native religion and Christianity." So you just throw a whole bunch of mixed up religions together and claim that. You don't truly know squat about any one tribe's beliefs ! All you have is a stereotypical belief that we all lived in harmony and everybody got along with each other. There are special uses for different herbs that we smudge with. Only the un-knowing just mix them all up and have a "universal" smudge. That's what upsets me! You don't really know chit and you want everybody to accept you as ndn, just because you got a little DNA. It doesn't work like that. You are just a thin blood wishiwas until you show something besides DNA !
I don't want to know about your religious beliefs as I have my own. I don't need to explain all of my religious/cultural groups that I belong to on an Internet forum to someone I don't know that's why I phrased it that way.

I never said I thought everyone lived in harmony. I've read history. You aren't the only tribe or culture to use smudge. Your arrogance surrounding the idea of other cultures using smudge suggests a lack of respect for others. I'm not a thin blood. I state my Quantam, you don't ever state yours.

I don't need or want your acceptance. I already have the acceptance of my Native family members. Your opinion is futile. I'm secure in my identity with my own Native culture.
WomanfromOz is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook