View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #31
DaisyMaisy
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond reputeDaisyMaisy has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
So if Geronimo had daughters who were sent off to England, that would have been late 1800s or so? I would think there would records on the English side - immigration records, that sort of thing? It sounds like one of those odd family stories, but you never know. It also seems possible that someone from America went to England but the family story changed from the the specific person or tribe to "Geronimo" over the years. Which is after all, a recognizable name.

It's recent enough that the DNA should show up on a test.

And now to digress.....OLchemist, your posts are always graceful and kind, even when someone disagrees with you. I can never understand what it is to be a Native person, but you have opened my eyes and heart in a way that they didn't used to be. I feel like I grew up with a very one dimensional view of Indians and their communities. By reading and thinking A LOT, I might be making it into a second dimension. Probably never get to the third, haha.

But your posts make me think more than many other things I have read. I have borrowed some of your wisdom when talking to other non-natives when the subject of Indians comes up. Your "we've survived the end of the world" gets a lot of "ohhhhhh....." and thoughtful looks from people who really think Indians should just "get over it" and join mainstream America.

And you have really good book recommendations. Sorry to digress, but I just had to give you some well deserved kudos!
DaisyMaisy is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook