View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 10:50 PM   #33
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
A good 15 years ago, I attended a outdoor powwow at a local community center. There were no bleachers; it was strictly BYOC - bring your own chair. The grounds were fairly small and it was July in Texas. It was hot as h-e-double toothpicks. So, lots of folks had set up portable awnings.

I had gotten there early and picked out a nice spot, in the shadow of the building. Out of the way of the dancers but close enough to see. By the dinner time, the grounds were quite crowded. People were pretty much chair to chair. Except for one apparently prime strip to the south of the arena. All day I had been watching people set up chairs and within fifteen minutes pack up and flee the spot, which it turned out was fiercely defended by a colony of fire ants.

Just after grand entry, a non-Indian couple arrived with a blanket. They were biker types. He was clad in chaps and she was wearing a leather halter top and shorts. I've polished my car with larger scraps of chamois than were covering her breasts. They spread their blanket out on the edge of the clear area and sat down to watch. In less than 10 mins their interest in dancing was sated and they were engaged in a PDA that was progressing from PG-13 to R. The AD was just about to go get a firehose to separate them, when the woman leapt from a semi-recumbant position to running, tearing at her clothes. Her -- uh -- significant other stared blankly after her for about 30 secs, before the fire ant finally made it up his pant leg.

The powers don't take kindly in inappropriate behavior around the circle.
Hey lady, get your mind out if the gutter. We're talking warriors here and you go off talking about doing the hanky panky!

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook