Telyn
Pow Wow Visitor

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Telyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLChemist View Post
Welcome to powwows.com. We are a forum for the discussion of many aspects of the powwow and associated art forms. We are not a discussion board for the spirituality, religion or the like.

Please understand in most Native cultures, the spiritual is treated with profound respect. Among most peoples, this respect manifests itself in a need to know approach to spiritual teachings. After all, when misused the sacred can be dangerous. Thus, information may not be freely shared to those who are of a differing gender, are from different tribes or families, are not initiates into a certain religious order, etc. This is not done out of spite or racism, but to act in accord with the original instructions given by the Powers. Thus silence is in many Native cultures the proper response to questions that should not asked in a particular venue or addressed to a particular individual. This is done to avoid shaming the questioner.

Further, I would caution that to seek such answers in an anonymous forum where anyone may answer, regardless of motive or qualification, is to open oneself to harm. There are predators who prey upon unwary spiritual seekers.
I truly meant no disrespect, i just didn't know where else to turn to. My grandmother was the only native american i knew but she is gone now. I was mostly asking if anyone knew what kind of animal my protector is. The dream with the bear though just kinda unnerved me, but as Ches pointed out it could be just turmoil i'm going through. Again sorry about that.
Telyn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook